Thursday, April 5, 2012

It *was* real. For a time.

Some folks said it was just an April Fool's joke, so when I logged-in to Google Maps and found that they really *did* have an 8-bit "adventure" map, I was thrilled. What a fun idea!

Alas, they were right. It was an April Fool's joke, just not the way I understood that to mean. They've taken it away, and now I'm sad. But, for reasons that aren't apparent to me, I did make a screenshot of it while it was there.

This map covers most or all of Salt Lake county, and bits of neighboring counties. The main north-south highway, just to the east of center, is Interstate 15, and the major east-west highway is Interstate 80. The large blue swatch to the north is the Great Salt Lake.

It was fun while it lasted. *sniff*.

No comments:

Post a Comment