Wednesday, July 13, 2011

UGTUG meeting tonight

I presented on Google Closure Tools at Utah Google Technology Users' group tonight. There were about 25 total in attendance, including my wife. It's been nearly 2 years since I gave a brown-bag lunch presentation at Gold Systems, and essentially I haven't done any other presenting of professional interest til now.

I told Gabe I'll take a look at what's "out there" in HTML5, and propose a talk to present at the September meeting.

I should probably get into a habit of attending UJUG also, and get something prepared to present there.

Tonight's presentation went reasonably well (I think), although the demo at the end suffered. I just hope that by providing the files for attendees to see my progressive refinement, I covered the lack of an effective demonstration.

In future, I will have to remember to walk through the demo more times than the actual presentation. Also, in this case, I changed platforms at the last minute: I spent all my prep time developing the demo on my Mac, and then just today put the presentation onto my PC laptop. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also feeling very grateful for friends whom I haven't seen in years, who came to hear me present. I hope to be that kind of a friend to my friends.

    ReplyDelete